You may or may not know but we are in a SEVER drought. Notice that lush green grass in our backyard! Oh, wait you can't see it....that's cause it's ALL D-E-A-D! It's gross. It feels like you are walking on hay. We haven't seen rain in what feels like FOREVER.
This morning however we woke up to the blissful sounds of pitter patter against our windows. The skies were over cast and gray, and it was windy outside. It was nice. It made me feel all cozy inside. I never thought I'd get so sick and tired of having clear blue sunny skies. I liked the change. It made me want to bake all things pumpkin and fill my crock pot with homemade soup.
The kids begged and pleaded to play out side in the rain. There was NO WAY I was going to deny them of such a simple pleasure. It was a happy moment. They played long enough that Ben was able to make it back home from rounding at the hospital. We ate pancakes and enjoyed some chocolate milk courtesy of daddy & the cafeteria.
The girl couldn't resist dancing in the rain!
I hope there are a few more rainy days in our near future, please!!!
3 comments:
Spencer is all giddy reading this post with me--we really should get together for some kind of playdate sometime soon.
LOVED that rain. LOVED IT! And I hope it comes back again and again and again. :) Felt SO very like fall!
So cute!
I know it's bad, but I get really mad when it rains here. I guess I live in the right place.
I need to learn from Natali's example and be grateful for the rain and do rain dances! So great!
-Nat
BTW no luck with the coupons in AZ..
Post a Comment