I haven't been to the Mormon Battalion visitors center since they remodeled it. I remember going as a kid. It was...okay. A big list of lots of names and a few artifacts on display, paired with some different LDS videos. I have only heard GREAT things about the new and improved visitors center and I have to agree...it was WONDERFUL. I took the kids down one morning and we had the whole thing all to ourselves.
First off it's centered in down in Old Town, which is just a fun place. The atmosphere there is great, and so pretty with all the old historic buildings. The visitors center is very hands on and my kids had a hay day talking the Sister Missionaries ear off.
Saturday, October 08, 2011
Mormon Battalion
In front of the visitors center.
(I love the adobe tiled floor)
Playing inside the covered wagon.
(Mom...you mean they had to sleep in here?)
Natali all preped for the Mormon Battalion hike
Panning for gold. This was probably their favorite activity, especially Spencer.
Each kid could keep two pieces of gold...they thought that was AWESOME.
My cute little boys.
Isaac pumping water from the well, and Natali getting ready to do the wash in the background.
After a full morning of learning about the battalion and becoming unofficial soldiers, we were starving. Lucky for us there was an In & Out Burger near by (let's be honest...I know where pretty much every In & Out is in the San Diego area). My mom even came and met us from work. PERFECT!
I had to take a picture and send it to Ben...rub it in...he didn't see the humor :)
The kids loved it!
Mormon Battalion and In & Out with Grandma. It was a great day!
Labels:
2011,
San Diego vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment