Friday, October 21, 2011

San Diego Wild Animal Park & Shopping

It was our last Saturday in San Diego and we wanted to do something outside and fun.  We headed down the hill and took full advantage of my moms zoo membership.  

The first thing we did was go ride the tram (or the "train" because that made Spencer happy).  We got to see all the animals doing their normal thing....eating & laying around.  My favorite is still seeing the giraffes.  They are just plain cool!

We ate lunch overlooking the "African Savannah" and then walked around to more of the exhibits.
 (Not a bad shot by Natali...besides the fact that I think I look like a bug with my white glasses)

The Animal Park was kinda short lived.  The kids were clearly not appreciating the outing and I was getting more and more frustrated by ALL the WHINING.  I was on the verge a HUGE mommy meltdown.  Not even a diet coke was helping.  (yes it was THAT bad people)

So my genius mother decided we should go hit up the mall.  And you might be thinking, the mall, on a Saturday, with 3 kids.  Crazy I know...but it WORKED!  My mom took the kids over to the inside Mc Donalds, bribed them with ice cream and let them play a little while I browsed the racks in H&M.  It was bliss....PURE SHOPPING BLISS.  Kids played with grandma, I got alone time...I was rejuvenated.

Eventually Spencer zonked out and I took full advantage of hitting up a the vast majority of stores that we do not have here in Temple.   I loved it.  It was just the retail therapy that I needed.  


It was a great Saturday, zoo, shopping, being with my mom.  I was one happy momma by the end!

1 comment:

sarita said...

Love the way you describe your almost mommy meltdown! Will you please stop spending so much time on the west coast and come visit the east coast, pu-lease? You could see both Kelly and I in one trip!!