Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spencer is 2!!!

How on earth did my BABY Spencer get to be 2?  All I do know is that it has been a joy and privillege (minus the ocassional tantrum) to be his mother.  Watching him grow, learn, and develop into his little personality has been a blessing.  Today we were able to celebrate this mini milestone in his life.  We had a day full of fun.

We started the morning off right with BALLOONS.  This boy (and his siblings) were in heaven.




We had some play time with Grandma and then we were off to preschool.  It was a nice treat for me becuase I got some alone time with my mom and we were even able to sneak off and have lunch together with out kids.


Then after naptime we blew up the bounce house and played in the backyard.  The kids thought it was AMAZING.  It was the perfect size for Spencer (yay for hand-me down toys).





Next we played with the parachute.  Another big hit!!



Finally it was time for pizza, presents, and cake.





This cute guy was trying so hard to blow...he made them flicker, but not go out all the way.  Natali and Isaac were all but happy to help!

My very basic attempt at a cake.

We finsihed the day playing outside with new toys and enjoying the gorgeous day.  It was such a GREAT day celebrating Spencer.  I am so lucky to be his mom and even more GRATEFUL that I was not in the hospital preping to deliver a 10.6 lb chunck of a baby via c-section.  Spencer, Fudgey, Pencer...I LOVE you!


2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Awww...such a sweetheart! And he started as a 10 pounder? You go girl! :) You have my full admiration and respect! :) Glad your mom is there to help celebrate such a fun week! Hope you enjoy the time--(and hope you got my phone message! Was thinking of you!)

Chrissy Jo said...

What a cute little boy! When did he gets SOOO BIG?!? I love all the pictures! My favorites are the one where he is opening his present and the one where he is trying to blow out his candles. The excitement in his eyes and the smile on his face are priceless!