We were so very lucky to have Ben's brother Spencer come to Texas. He wasn't actually here visiting us. He was at an academic conference hosted at Baylor University in Waco....which is a short 35 minute drive away. Between his schedule and Ben's were actually able to meet up Friday night for dinner. We weren't sure it would all come together, but it did! We went out to eat at Rudy's. We HAD to take him there. Rudy's is totally a Spencer kind of place. He LOVED it!!! We sat there eating, laughing, and talking (when the kids weren't demanding his attention). The kids loved every second of getting to spend time with their Uncle Spencer. It was a perfect night. Let's not wait another 1 1/2 years to do it again!!!
It did remind me how much I miss being close to family. How much I hate saying goodbye...yep I cried. But thankfully we will being seeing him soon this summer and the rest of the family. Thanks for fitting us into your schedule Spence...we loved every minute.

2 comments:
I'm so glad it worked out for you. And you survived your first "on call weeks," YEAH! Who doesn't LOVE Rudy's??
It's so good to get a family fix. Those peeps who have never lived away from family just don't get it.
So I had a dream the other night all us girls went on a trip together. Someday, right?
Post a Comment