I ran across this idea on several blogs a while back. I thought it seemed like a really fun, cute, interactive idea to help teach kids about Easter. I did it this week with some kids I do preschool with. And let me tell you...it was a hit.
-Butter
-Large Marshmallows
-Cinnamon Sugar
-Rhodes Rolls
We flattened out a thawed Rhodes roll (could be used with fresh homemade dough or Pillsbury crescent roll). We placed a large marshmallow inside and wrapped it up. Talk about how when Jesus died they wrapped up his body. Then we rolled/brushed the roll in butter. Compare to the oils they used. Then we sprinkled the top with cinnamon and sugar. Compare to the herbs and spices used back in those times. I let them rise for about 30 min or so. Bake 350 for about 12 minutes. Then once slightly cooled cut it open. The marshmallow is gone, and the inside is hollow and empty. Just like the tomb. It was a great little visual for the kids. They loved it.
***Optional...have a super crabby kid whining at you the entire time you are doing this really super GREAT activity.***
4 comments:
Ps love this idea too- what a super cute idea!!! Okay miss crafty and creative momma- your ideas are fabulous!!!
What a creative idea! I am impressed that the kids weren't ticked off when their marshmallow was missing. :)
I haven't seen it that way before (with the spices and butter on TOP). Very interesting take! :) It IS such a fun idea though--always a big hit!
And optional whiny children make everything better. lol :)
Great idea! I bet they tasted delicious too! :)
Post a Comment