Don't be fooled by those sweet kissable cheeks and that "oh so sweet" smile. Today Spencer morphed into a Sunday MONSTER! It was one of those days that makes you swear that you will
NEVER have another baby...ever! That kind of day when you wonder why on earth you even try to go to church with multiple small children. That kind of day when you finally surrender the white flag (because the child is crying so hard you are pretty sure he is about to make himself throw up), and one parent takes the MONSTER child home for a nap out of pure respect for the nursery workers.
Thankfully post nap he was slightly better. Half MONSTER, half sweet Spencer. Whenever I asked for kisses I got a nice whack to the face. He launched his fork off the table repeatedly all while crying until I gave it back. He cried while Ben was on the floor trying to play with him and every time I changed his diaper (what a mean mom)! What's the deal...maybe there are more teeth coming in. I swear that boy has been teething for MONTHS I tell ya!
Hallaluejah for bedtime, and rest for both
MONSTER Spencer and mom! Hope tomorrow is a better, monster free day! :)
6 comments:
I can so relate! I ask myself why I go to church at least a dozen times EVERY Sunday! Today I was on the verge of tears but somehow managed to suck it up and laugh instead.
Sacrament meeting is 70 minutes of pure hell for me while Ryan is gone (am I going to get struck down for saying that? I'm just being real here, Becca). All my dad does is pump my kids full of jelly bellies (against my will, mind you) until they are A)On the verge of puking by mid-meeting, or B)so hyped up on sugar that they can hardly see straight for the last 15 minutes of the service. Plus, Nursery is first in our ward, meaning that by the time it's over, they are in no mood to sit through an hour and ten more minutes of church. Heaven help us all!
Sorry for the novel. Clearly you struck a cord :)
Miss you and your monster baby!
Oh Becca, you are so real that it makes me happy. :) I totally had a week like this with Jane, culminating in a 2 1/2 hour car ride down to Houston with her crying/screaming angrily the ENTIRE time. Towards the end of that drive I told Scott that I was thinking about pushing back the date when I'm ready to have another one. Finally today she was back to her normal self! I think this age is bad for teething because they're getting the big ones in and because they're old enough to get an attitude about being in pain. It does seem like they are forever teething. Hang in there!
Although I can't imagine Spencer being anything but SWEET- I can totally relate. Abbi screamed, "no mama, wants to go HOOOOMMMMEE" the entire time I was trying to watch the primary program today (mostly from the hallway) and threw FOUR huge fits this morning because we were out of milk and she wanted milk with her breakfast- all four fits were seperated by time spent in time out. By the fourth she was so tuckered out she fell asleep and never had breakfast. Sorry you had to have "one of those" weeks, the joy with the sorrow- or something like that, right??
Oh, my dear Becca. I'm so sorry. I think you're one wise Mama to divide and conquer, sending the little man home for a nap. I remember teething. It was AWEFUL. I'm so not looking forward to that stage again, though I think it will be a while for us around here. Alec and Lyssa didn't get any teeth until they were a year old.
I read a quote recently that said "When your kids are little you watch them sleep and they are so sweet that you could just eat them up. Then they wake up and you wish you had." Not that I think we're a bunch of cannibals but I think we all feel that way sometimes... and some days and months more so than others.
I think they should teach you in the hospital that all kids are con-artists. I guess that is a lesson we learn day, after day, after day, after day...
as an expectant mother...thanks for the heads up that my future baby won't always be pefect...haha
xo
monica
Post a Comment