Saturday, May 29, 2010

DMU Graduation

Today was a big day in the Fluhman house.  Ben graduated Des Moines University with a doctorate in Podiatric Medicine.  It was amazing.  I am so very proud of him and all that he has accomplished and sacrificed over the last four years.  I wish I could say that the hardest part was behind us but I am pretty scared of what lays ahead with residency.  Despite the LONG 3 hour ceremony (with 3 kids), I was overwhelmed with happiness, joy, pride, and sting of sadness.

CONGRATULATIONS 
Doctor Daddy!  We love you so very much!

Waiting for the ceremony to start

This was our view from the VERY back

Ben getting hooded
(The family in front of us stood up right as they read Ben's name.  I was busy trying to get them to sit down so I could take a picture that I didn't even really see Ben walk across and get hooded.  Really people?!?!?  Of all the times to stand up.)

Our proud little family!

Ben & his wonderful parents!  We were so happy that
they were able to be out here with us to celebrate.





4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

hooray!! I've been thinking about you guys all day!! Congrats! I loved the "view of graduation" picture it looked oddly familiar! It's okay to be excited for Residency, it's just a new kind of crazy! you'll do great!
Miss you!
Nat

jodie said...

Yay! Congrats to the entire family!!

Chrissy Jo said...

Congratulations, my friends. I'm so excited for you and all the fun adventures ahead!

Zent Family said...

Way to go Doc. Fluhman!!! If we ever have any foot problems it is good to know where to go. That has to be so exciting for you guys!!!!