Saturday, October 03, 2009

Final Count Down...

Today was the last airport drop off for Ben & me. We are on the final count down until this whole 4th year "adventure" is over. He'll still have more rotations, all but one are here in Des Moines and the one in Utah we can be together. This is definitely not my favorite part of med. school and like all the other wives who I have talked to who have already done this said to me, "is stinks, but you'll make it"...and guess what, we did. HALLELUJAH! No more booking air flights, or hotel rooms. No more talking on the phone all the time. No more of a lot of things.

Yea...I know the picture is gross...just like 4th year!

It was so nice having Ben here even if it was for 3 1/2 days. I always sleep better when he is here and I actually cook too! He gave Isaac a much needed haircut. He had planned on mowing the lawn, except it rained almost everyday. He gave Spencer his first hair cut...no more 5 inch long stringy hairs floating around his head. And, Spencer took his first bath in the big bath tub.

I hope the month goes by fast. We did a paper chain count down & I am already anxious to rip all the rings off. Can't wait to watch Conference while the kiddos sleep tonight, thank you DVR!

6 comments:

Julianne said...

I love the paper chain countdown idea -- you're so cute. I'm sorry that you've had to deal with all this, and VERY glad that it's nearly over. Bless you. And yea, sick pic. I gagged.

Haylee Mollerup said...

Yes, that picture is gross! Thanks for posting it for us all to see!! :)

I'm glad you're on the downward hill! {chanting} You can do it! You can do it! {end of chanting}

Amy said...

yea yea yea!! I am so happy for all of you! I told Ben yall need to come to DC to visit us now....

shauni said...

Yeah! I'm so excited that you guys are almost done. You are awesome and I know you can make it this next couple of weeks. If you need any moral support, babysitting, or adult conversation just give me a call! BTW, Colby is super interested in this picture-

Maginot said...

hope the month goes by fast for you. You are amazing to take care of 3 little ones all by yourself!

Laura said...

Man, I don't know how you've done it with all three kids and Ben gone all the time! I go nuts with all three whenever Craig leaves and its usually only a few days at a time. You're nearly done now!