Spencer is already 3 weeks old (tomorrow) and it is killing me! In so many ways I look forward to him growing and hitting those fun milestones, especially the sleeping through the night one. But with those stages and steps means I am also losing the baby part of it all. The sweet tender coos and sounds, the baby smell, the little smiles (even if they are gas) that melt my heart, the fact that I can hold him and he doesn't fight me to get down, he doesn't talk back (or to be honest talk at all), and he is just all things little! They grow so fast and I have made an effort to savor this as long as I can with Spencer. To sit and hold him instead of doing dishes or writing the many Thank You notes that need to be done. To let the house get messy and laundry pile up while I lay on the couch and listen to my baby breath and make his little noises. He is such a sweet baby and we love him so much. I love all the different stages as babies grow up but I just need to remember (through the sleep deprivation and all) that it always goes by to fast and to soak it all in before it's gone.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
My Boy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ahhh! Three weeks already and I still haven't taken pictures! That's it! I want to do picture this week... maybe tomorrow? All week the sun looks like it will be shining. Thank goodness! I'll call you tomorrow and we'll chat. Little Spencer is adorable!
I can't believe he is already 3 weeks! You savor every second you can and if you need laundry or dishes done you call me, these little boys don't stay little for long! I must admit that I am totally jealous of Spencer's hair, what a handsome little fella!
You don't need to write me a thank you note :) haha just spend those 3 minutes holding your sweet adorable little guy!
Congratulations! He is a cutie. I love all that hair. Enjoy every minute of it.
He is so cute Becca. I am glad you are treasuring this special time. It goes by way too fast. I have a gift for you that has been sitting here for weeks. I am so sorry- I will mail it soon!! Give Spencer a kiss from Makaylee. (=
I've already read this post, but I was just thinking about you and thought you hadn't blogged in awhile (I'm sure you're extremely busy!!!) and wondered how you're doing?!?!
This chunky picture of Spencer is SO MUNCHABLE AND CUTE!! I can't wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks of his! We love chubby babies!!!
Post a Comment