Thursday, September 20, 2007

Moving & Painting

We are ready for our move. We can't wait to get into our little house. I really can't wait to get out of that in between stage when you are kind still living at both places, hopefully that makes sense. Moving is such a pain, and is even harder when you have a "helper" who wants to climb like a mountain goat on your packed boxes, or empty the boxes, or play in the cardboard boxes before you can fill them up. Thank heaven for naps! To help distract her though I had a fun new activity for Natali to do. Do you remember those paint books that all you had to do was brush water on the page and the little dots of color dissolved and it looked you were using water colors. I loved those when I was little and them seemed less messy and I wanted to buy some for Natali. I couldn't find them anywhere and I was telling my mom about it. Leave it to moms...she found two books in a dollar store. They are super cute and Natali thought they were the coolest thing ever. It bought me some good packing time. The best part is that they are in Spanish (just the little captions at the bottom)! Obviously Natali could care less, but it just makes me laugh. Thanks Mom!


10 comments:

Ashley said...

does she get any cuter?
Didn't think so =). Moving is such a pain: packing takes me forever because I'm dejunking and finding things I forgot I had..so I have to reminisce(sp?) over the pictures, etc. But then unpacking, ugh! If you need help let me know! =)

Heitmann Family said...

Oh, moving!!! It makes me miss my house in Valley Junction. I really miss Iowa!! Every once in a while will you look back over your fence and tell it hello for me!!! I want to see some pictures when you are all moved in!!

Julianne said...

What? You're moving? Fill me in! Also, where do I get those books!

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

I love the pictures of your kids. Isaac is getting so big. I am so jealous that you guys are moving into a home. I miss seeing you around. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help. I love those water color books. Great idea, I must find one for Madie!
Amanda

Debbi said...

Gage got one for his b-day and I haven't found another since. I will have to search for them too. I am a nut and actually love moving. I love going through everything, throwing stuff out and re orgaizing a new house. I do think my kids should go on a week vacation when we move though. I am soo jealous of your house!

shauni said...

Becca,
I was looking at my friend Stephanie's blog and I saw a link to the Fluhman family. I thought, "wouldn't it be funny if that was Ben and Becca," so I clicked on it and it was you! What are the chances! Talk about a small world. Your pictures are cute, Isaac is getting so big- I love chubby babies. Good luck getting unpacked and making your new house a home.

sjmiller said...

Becca,

She is so adorable! And, I LOVED those painting books when I was a kid! Glad she is keeping busy with them!

I see you know Shauni! How cool! I wondered if you guys were close to each other at all! Ha ha!

Oh, my blog got set to private, so I need your e-mail address. You can email it to rudmbfan2@yahoo.com, that way I can put you on the invite list.

Good luck with the packing!

Anonymous said...

Moving? Where are you moving to? Your baby is looking so big and cute! If you need help please let me know!!!!!

kdance said...

I want to see that new house of yours! I can't believe how stinkin' cute Isaac is. It was fun to see you yesterday!
Karin

{Erica} said...

K so totally random that I'm commenting on a WAY old blog and stuff..but I find those paint books all the time at Target...they are under the coloring books and they are 89 cents!! I stock up because they go fast and then don't restock for a couple of weeks...anyway...sorry totally random i know...