Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Off to Preschool...{pass the tissues}

This little buddy of mine had his first day of preschool.  We've done co-ops and he has gone with me to a preschool I taught...but this was the first time I dropped him off.  With a stranger.  He acted like a pro.  Gave me a hug and walked in.  The kid was in the zone...he didn't even look back.  I stood there watching.  I was that mom that just couldn't leave.  Finally I left and then proceeded to cry my face off the whole way home.  This was so hard for me!  He has been my little shadow for so long.  I missed him.

When I picked him up he said he had a great time playing with friends, toys, and play dough!  They talked about colors...Spencer's favorite is blue. We celebrated his first day with a hot dog & "blue" water {powerade} at Sam's Club.  I sure that love little face!  I am SO not ready to even think about next year and kindergarten.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What the heck! When did he grow up? What a handsome little man. Glad you both survived the first day :)