Monday, August 08, 2011

Isaac's Party

Since we are in Utah we took advantage of having cousins around and had a little gathering for Isaac on his birthday.  He woke up to presents, balloons, and special birthday pancakes made by Grandma.


 Isaac specifically asked for a chocolate cake, with blue frosting, and a yellow 4.  
He was happy.


 He had a lot of "helping" hands opening presents, and we had a bit of birthday envy (and lots of birthday melt downs).



 We had fun playing, eating pizza, blowing out candles, and stuffing ourselves with chocolate cake. 
Spencer swiped Isaac's Cars t-shirt and decided to wear it himself.
And by the end of the day...I.WAS.EXHAUSTED!!!  At one point in the day a friend called to wish Isaac happy birthday on the phone.  I called, "Isaac come here." And he replied, "Mom, I think you mean BIRTHDAY BOY!"  (oh brother).  I think he let his birthday go to his head, I guess that's okay when you're a big 4 year old.  He gave me two thumbs up at the end of the day, I'd say it was a hit!

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

so I just had to comment on this post, cause I love it so much. I love the pic where you can just see spencer in the corner crying in devastation while Isaac is grinning ear to ear. Poor Spencer. And that Isaac requested to be called the "birthday boy". So cute. Four is my favorite age by the way. I only have a year and four month till Chase is four. I can't wait, it will all be easy breazy after that...Ha!