I have been heard to utter the words..."I need to runaway, I need a vacation, I need to do something besides fold laundry, prep & clean meals, and be a referee." I think all of us mom's can relate. Sometimes we need a break...an hour, a day, or for me 5 GLORIOUS days. Last Wednesday I hopped on a flight out of Austin and headed for sunny Orlando, FL. I went to visit friends who are more like family. I left for 5 days, Ben took time off from work and took on the task of 3 crazy kids full-time.
The airplane ride was AMAZING! I have forgotten what it is like to fly by...my...self! I ordered my snack (didn't have to share), got a soda (didn't worry about which stranger my kids were going go to dump it on), and sat back and watched a movie (with NO interruptions) and just relaxed. It was simply heavenly!
Once in Orlando Wilsons picked me up and we were off for a quick sandwich at Fire House Subs, and some Italian Ice at Rita's (I would be in big trouble if there was one of these here...sugar free Italian ice is fabulous)
Thursday we went and had breakfast at Mc Donalds (a long time tradition) and started the celebration of this little man turning 1!! We ran errands all day and that evening had a celebration for the birthday boy. A extra bonus was we could see the last and final launch of the Discovery Space Shuttle. Although it was more of a smoke trail in the sky ( I could see the orange of the boosters) I still thought it was pretty cool to witness.
Saturday was full of shopping. We hit up several malls, outlets, etc. H&M...MAC...etc. (Have I mentioned there is NO shopping in Temple TX) Ate at Panera Bread, and finished the night with some great Mexican Food and more Rita's. Let's see...shopping and eating...great combo!
Sunday we got a few last minute crafts in and shed lots of tears as we said goodbyes. It was a perfect trip. I had soo much fun and by the end I had started to miss my family (it took a good day or two). It was just I needed. Some "me" time. Trips like this don't happen often so I need to document every minute, so I can look back and remember how rejuvenating this time was. Thanks to my wonderful husband for making it all work so I can go and to great friends for letting me come (and spoiling me)!




10 comments:
Oh my oh my oh my!!!! What a fun trip! I am so glad you got some "Becca" time!! Wish I could have been there too though!!!
Oh how fun! I'm so glad you got to go on this trip. You totally deserve every minute of it. Can't wait to hear your thoughts about Wicked! Isn't it awesome?!
What a fun trip! Yeah, you definitely deserved it. Sounds like you got to do so many fun things! And hello...you look terrific!
As always, I am so impressed by the speed at which you blog! I'm so glad you had a fun time- you deserved the break! We're glad you back though.
Oh so lucky!! I would be lieing if I didn't say I'm a little bit jealous. But that being said I'm so glad you could get away and have a little break. It sounds like you had an amazing time.
Wow. Wow. I can't even imagine...
:)
I second what Jordan said--you look amazing!
And this post just made me smile--seeing you and Amanda together just makes me happy. I am so glad you got to rejuve (is that a word?) and spend some time in sunny Orlando. From what I've heard from Ryan, Jon and Amanda really know how to take care of their guests. I can see from this post that it's the truth.
I can't wait to hear your Wicked thoughts-were you just on the verge of tears or what? Seriously stunning play. I would watch it a hundred times if I could.
Miss you!
I am so excited for you!! And can I say a little envious? I am so glad you got as REAL break, not a "I am going to the grocery store at 9pm with no kids" break. So fun. You have a good husband. And Wicked? Amazing. And you do look beautiful!
I'm so happy for you! I kept thinking about you and wanting to ask you about your trip when you were up conducting primary yesterday! So glad you had a great time. It looks like a blast! ;)
what an awesome trip! And so glad you got to see wicked- that is one of the greatest musicals ever!
Post a Comment