Tuesday, August 03, 2010

3 Years ago...

...things were a little crazy as we were ready and waiting to welcome our little Isaac into the world.  I was READY (to pop it looks like)!


Isaac was born, 10.9 lbs and with his lungs under developed.  Which meant we had a SUPER chubby baby in the NICU.


I remember when the nurse came in and said, "I tried to give him his eye drops, but I couldn't find his eyes....his just so chubby...so I dropped them in his little slits and hopefully they'll find their way!"


Holding him for the first time!  It was the BEST feeling!

Finally our little chuck with out any tubes.  I still don't understand where his dark hair and olive-ish skin came from.  But I can totally came his dark brown eyes.

Aunt Hollie was talking care of little Natali and here she is coming up to visit for the first time.  She could only see him through the glass, it was pretty special.  (I forgot how much curl she had in her hair)



I can't believe it has been three years.  These memories are still so fresh in my mind.  Isaac is such a special little guy.  I can't imagine his craziness and dimpled smile not being in our family.
Happy 3rd Birthday sweet little Isaac!  We love you!

4 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...

You look fabulous in that picture holding Isaac, like such a happy mom and I would never believe that you had just had a baby. Natali DID have a lot of curl! Holy cow! Sweet little Bubba looks so precious.

Happy Birthday, Bubba! We miss you!

shauni said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! I hope Ben got home early and you guys had a fun celebration together. I agree with Chrissy, you look way too good for just having a baby. I can't get over how cute and squishy Isaac was- you can't even see his neck! What a doll.

sarita said...

Amen to what shauni and chrissy said! And I love the nurse's comment about his eyes! Fat babies are where it's at!

Aunna and Phillip said...

Your pregnant picture kinda freaked me out because my first thought was "she didn't tell me she was pregnant!" I'm a little slow these days. Isaac is as cute as ever, I miss the little guy, mainly because he knows my name and says it perfectly unlike most people.