(long long post)
We made it back to Iowa safe and sound! Thankfully we had a completely clear driving day through Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa. I swore I would never make that drive (especially during winter) and in the last 7 months I've driven it 4 times. It felt good to get home and settled, even if there were feet & feet of snow and ice. The kids went/and are still going through Grandma & Grandpa detox! To celebrate on New Years Eve we had a special dinner, Mac & Cheese for the kids, and steak & shrimp for dear old Mom & Dad. We did our own mini count down with the kids where we celebrated by playing a competitive round of Hungry Hungry Hippos and eating carmel & chocolate covered pretzels. We got the kids into bed and were ready to bring in the new year. Except for the fact that I fell asleep on the couch around 10:30 pm and don't remember anything except for rolling over in bed and seeing the clock blare 12:32 am, and sheepishly saying Happy New Year to Ben who just rolled his eyes at me. Of all the nights to fall asleep early...whoops.
In reflection 2009 has been an interesting year for us. A year of anticipation and dread. We were blessed in April to have baby Spencer join our family, but were dreading the end of May when Ben would be leaving to start his fourth year medical rotations. We were blessed to spend the summer months split between San Diego & Bountiful with family. Natali turned 4 & Isaac 2. We got our dad back for good right before Halloween. Spencer got pneumonia and we had to change some travel plans. It all worked out and we got to go back to Utah to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas in Bountiful with family. It was a little intense at times, but we were so spoiled and got to do A LOT of fun things. I am grateful we got to end the year back here in Iowa with our little family of 5. This year has been an adventure, but honestly each day with 3 little ones is! Goodbye 2009...Hello 2010!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great time with your family for the holidays. You are the sweetest person ever Becca, so you deserved it, especially after surviving with 3 little kiddos (seriously inspiring) all by yourself. you deserve lots in 2010 and I hope it is a year packed full of great things for you and your family....Huggs, Tiffany.
Becca,
I got choked up reading this post. You guys have had an exciting year, I'm so glad you survived it! I can totally relate to the really high highs, low lows and intense emotions that come with all the in betweens. I wish you guys the best for 2010 (and how could it not be the BEST when there is a GRADUATION in the near future??)
If it makes you feel any better, I have never had a new years with kyle...I am normally always asleep by that time. He doesn't think I am very awesome on that night.
Post a Comment