Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ben's Big 30!!!


Last Saturday Ben celebrated his 30th birthday.  In our family we have Birthday "week".  It is from the Sunday before to the Sunday after you birthday.  It is GREAT!  Ben's birthday week was lots of fun.  Thanks to a really light private practice schedule he was home most days with us.  Happy Birthday week to me!  Saturday morning there were balloons hung, a spider man tablecloth, and spider man paper plates (theme picked out by Isaac) laid out.  I made strawberry & cream cheese stuffed french toast and bacon...with homemade buttermilk syrup.  After breakfast he got his large candy-gram birthday card and opened presents.  The kids loved handing out their presents to him and quickly started laying claim on much of the candy from his card.  After nap time we went to Costco, a weekly ritual.   For dinner we had "delivery"pizza (a big deal in our house) & blew out candles on some Mississippi Mud pie.  I had his siblings send thoughts/memories for him and overall we just got to spend the whole day as a family.   Happy Birthday Ben...Big 30!

3 comments:

shauni said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I was just telling Colby that you guys should have a guys night out to celebrate (am I the best or what, agreeing to a guys night after 5 "guy" months?? only for your birthday Ben) Becca, I love the Celebrate banner and the idea of celebrating birthdays for an entire week. Your strawberry cream cheese french toast sounds fabulous too. Also, I think we need to do a girls night. There are some great chick flicks coming out the next couple of weeks!

Amanda Wilson said...

Man, I wish I could have been there that day to eat all of that delicious food!! Yum! Glad you guys had such a fun week all together.

The Jones Fam said...

Happy Birthday Ben! It sounds delicious. Welcome to the 30's. It's amazing... way better than 20's! Hmm. Not really, but you can fake it.

I was looking at the snow pictures from an earlier post and actually missed that in a sick and twisted way.

Jake