Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Minor Set Back



Last night Spencer ended up needing to be admitted to the NICU. We thought we had dodged "that" bullet since his lungs and breathing were so good, but apparently Spencer had other plans for us. The issue is his blood sugar. It was staying too low and he wasn't eating well enough (too sleepy). It is just a matter of time as his body transitions from not receiving all the insulin and extra sugar from mine. He is already doing great and his sugars are stable. Now it's just a matter of time and getting him awake enough to eat. Now that he has been washed his hair looks more blonde. I love it, and I love his chubby arms and back rolls! I have to confess...I can't stop kissing him.

7 comments:

Amanda Wilson said...

I love his chubbiness too! He is absolutely adorable. I am soooo glad that he is doing better. I can't wait to hold him!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! A 10 pounder??? That is awesome, I love the chunky babies, they sleep soooo much better than the skinny ones!
I hope Spencer is feeling better & can get home soon!
Congratulations Ben & Becca!!
~Ben & Mari

austin and cherisse said...

congrats, love his cheeks and all of that hair.

Haylee Mollerup said...

Oh Becca....I'm sorry you didn't get to avoid "that" bullet. I hope that Spencer's blood levels stable and you get to take him home with you!!!
Those pictures of him are adorable!!! I LOVE his chubbiness! We like chunky babies at our house!! :)
Call when you get a chance, but I'm sure you're already crazy busy!!!!

Petersen Family said...

I was so excited for you that he was healthy and wasn't going to have any problems! At least blood sugar is easily fixed once he decides to eat! Brayden's blood sugar was like one point away from having to be admitted to the NICU the day he was born too! (They ended up pumping formula in him since I didn't want him having a bottle yet!) We'll be praying that everything works out and he gets to go home with you! He's so stinking cute! I'd be kissing him too!! :)

Kelly said...

Poor little guy. At least he is getting well taken care of though. I can't wait to hold the little guy. I hope you're doing well and getting lots of rest while you can. Can't wait to talk to you sometime and get all the details.

Erica said...

He is adorable!! I love how chubby he is, although I can't say I'd like to be pregnant with one his size! You are amazing, I hope you all are doing well and that he is doing better! Congrats!!