First let me begin this by saying I am truly blessed by being able to have babies. I wouldn't trade it for the world...but right now I am in that 100% MISERABLE stage. There are so many perks of being pregnant, gaining weight and having and excuse, pampering ones self with pedicures, dear friends offering to always watch your kids so you can nap or clean, and obvioulsy a cute little bundle of joy at the end. Right now I am experinceing those "special" perks!
...burning my belly twice on the stovetop
....Natali asking, "mommy, why are you breathing so hard?" while slowing walking around Costco
...random strangers giving you that look that clearly states, "who on earth let you out of the house!"
...the realization that I can not wait to have a catheter put in (sorry, but it's true)
...the knowledge that I am caring at least a 9 pound baby
...the sweet ultrasound tech sharing with me that I am caring twice the amount of amniotic fluid than a normal pregnant lady
...I can't breathe!!!
...I can't bend over to save my life
...There is no position (standing, sitting, lying down) that is comfortable
...Ben saying, "you sound like Darth Vader breathing into the phone!" Me replying, "sorry I had to get off the couch and walk across the room to answer it, I am out of breath (add the sarcasm)"
...Natali looking at my stomach exposed and asking, "mom...is baby Spencer trying to get out?"
Oh, I really am grateful for this little baby! I just needed to document how totally miserable I am right now because I seem to always forget, and Ben wants to make sure that I remember this pain and discomfort for a long time! A REALLY long time.
Friday, April 17, 2009
SO Ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
You said it SO perfectly! Love the catheter comment by the way! Even though my labor with Easton was long, it was so nice to be able to just lay there comfortably with the epidural and not have to get up to use the restroom every hour! Good luck these last few days! Can't wait to see who Spencer looks like!!
Love it!! At least you can know, in a week when cute little Spencer is out, you can just lay in bed and "rest" in the hospital for a few days and cuddle your new little baby.
Oh Becca, sweetie I can't stop laughing. Which thanks to my kiddos may make me pee my pants! j/k But seriously you know you are ready when you start looking forward to the catheter! Hope these next few days go by quickly!
It was so great talking with you the other day, thanks! So sorry about the miseries, my sympathies are with you. I wish I could forget those miseries of pregnancy like you can :-)
I am so glad I am not the only one who burned my pregnant belly on the stovetop!(= I love you Becca and am sorry you are feeling so miserable. Just a few more days and baby Spencer will be here!! We are so excited for you guys.
Hang in there- good thing us moms have a "bad" memory!!! Don't forget there is NOTHING wrong with taking a break on the couch and letting your kids watch a bit more TV then usual. Good luck!!!
SOOOO don't miss that. Good thing you forget those things in order to do it all again. That is so fun Ben is coming!! You all should come down for a weekend to visit him and stay with us. We are right north of Dallas. Kyle works downtown Dallas. You should MOVE HERE. :) We would love to be neighbors with you again!!!! :)
argh, I hate those last weeks, I can't believe you burned your belly! How sad. but you are soo close! good luck
You're almost there - and ohhh, that little package of baby at the end is SO worth it. I'm living the dream right now. Baby boys are so completely wonderful...
Excuse me. I'm a little obsessed.
I am laughing so hard right now! Absolutely HILARIOUS!! We need one last belly picture. =)
Oh I feel for you:) Having a huge-mungous baby inside of you can be so painful. I am glad he is out and you can enjoy him!!
Post a Comment