Friday, April 24, 2009

I Know, I Know....

Everyone is probably so sick and tired of hearing about this baby and my discomfort, I'd apologize...but since this is my blog/journal I feel a need to document and record. Posterity right? Please quickly scroll past the first picture, me and all my pregnant glory. It's been requested by family to see a photo so that they can have a visual as I try to explain how absolutely MASSIVE I really am. I told you...it is HUGE!


Grandma Fluhman arrived yesterday and it was not a moment to soon. It has been so nice to have an extra pair of hands to help with the kids, push shopping carts, and to have adult conversation with. Having her here makes the next couple of days seem bearable. Plus, she has already spoiled us and taken us out to dinner and is going to watch the kids for us tomorrow night so we can go out for my birthday (the big 28). Natali has been in HEAVEN with Grandma here and literally demands her attention every second (hard to imagine I know).

Today I had my last ultrasound. I was origianlly going to have an amnio done to check for lung maturity, but again just like with Isaac, the doctor said there was no point because either way this baby needed to come out. Spencers heart is looking fine, but the walls are starting to thicken and so to prevent any further complications they need to take him out whether or not the lungs are mature. But, I feel good that the lungs most likely will be ready since this will be the longest I have a carried any of the kids (by two whole days I tell ya)! The plan is to go in early Monday morning and get this c-section done! YIPPEE. Here are some pictures of Spencer taken from today. HELLO CHUNKY CHEEKS!!! Yes, that is a double chin you see, and he sat there sticking his tounge out at us! I am giving birth to a sumo baby! He'll fit in perfectly to our family.


13 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are amazing. Is that a ton of hair on his little head? I can't wait to come hold this little guy. You can tell how absolutely cute he is. Good luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

Those cheeks! Oh! So kissable....

Haylee Mollerup said...

No, you don't have to apologize! You can put whatever you want on your blog! :) It's about time you put a belly shot on your blog! I've been waiting! You look adorable, as always! I LOVE the ultra sound pictures! I, too, want to kiss those cheeks!!! I'm so glad that Ben's mom is there to help you! I wish I were closer to help! Good luck in the next few days and I'll talk to you tomorrow for your b-day!!!!

Petersen Family said...

Oh my! Those cheeks are killing me! I can't wait to see pictures on Monday! Hope you got my email today! Hang in there...only days left! Enjoy your birthday and date night tomorrow!!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your last date night alone for a while. =)That is so crazy that you can already see what Spencer looks like! Congrats on nearly being DONE!

sjmiller said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Don't you love it when grandma comes and the kids are excited? LOVE that! Looks at those cheeks on your precious little guy! Just wanna hug and kiss them!!

Good luck on Monday, I'll be thinking of you! (Oh, and you look great!)

Colby said...

Okay, those have got to be the cutest ultrasound pictures I have ever seen! I love those chunky little cheeks. I hope you enjoy your LAST DAY of pregnancy. Let us know if you need help with anything. Oh, and we need to have a girl's night out for your birthday (obviously, after you have this baby and you are feeling up to it) but seriously, you deserve a birthday dinner you can enjoy without having to worry about heartburn!! Good luck tommorow.

Katie Muir said...

Congrats Becca!! And Happy Birthday!! Best of luck with everything tomorrow morning- we'll be thinking of you!!

Zent Family said...

YEA!!!! Spencer looks so cute- best of luck!!! Don't we love moms? What would we do without them?!?! P.S. Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Wow my stomach hurts now. You look like a beautiful pregnant girl! You make seriously cute babies.

Maginot said...

hope you had fun on your date! So sorry I didn't send an email for your b-day, i've been super sick-hopefully that counts as a good excuse. and hope all is well with you and baby tomorrow!

Family Scads said...

Good luck today! It's crazy that you already have another one when we were in the hospital at the same time when our little guy's were born. I can't believe that it has been almost two years!

Way to go with three kids! Love the chubby pictures. I can't believe that he is so big already!

jeremyandholly said...

i LOVE IT!! you look great:) well happy belated birthday dear friend and happy DELIVERY DAY to baby spencer!!! (his cheeks are UNBELIEVABLE) i can't wait for you to finally make your way out here!!