Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby



Today was another of the many ultrasound appointments. Baby is big, 85%, but looking very healthy. Today we could see him doing his practice breathing (go baby go) and a lot of shaking and moving. I know the 3D picture looks creepy, but for journal purposes I wanted to include it. He kept his little mouth wide open the whole time. He looked like he was taking a nap and snoring away peacefully. I have another ultrasound in two weeks, and then the week after that we start the weekly BPP/NST testing. His little heart looks good, but then again we didn't see any problems with Isaac's until the very last ultrasound before he was yanked out. Out of curiosity I had my AMAZING nurse look up what Isaac's stats were around this time of pregnancy, and he was running a little bigger than this baby. So with fingers crossed (and lots of prayers) I am hoping this chunky monkey won't be quiet as chunky as his older brother (10.9). We have selected our name of choice for this baby, Spencer Chase. I love it! I have always adored the name Spencer, Chase is my maiden name, and Ben promised that I could use it with this little boy. Oh...today during the ultrasound the tech got a great shot of his hair! She said there was TONS! What color is it???? We'll have to see, just a few more weeks.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Isn't technology amazing?? So glad everything's looking awesome..and for your sake I hope little Spencer isn't over 10 lbs too!!! Love the name bytheway!!

Laura said...

Holy Cow! This is making me nervous now that everybody I know is quickly approaching their due dates! I love the name you've picked out! I didn't know your maiden name was Chase. I love it when people use maiden names for boys names.

Katie Muir said...

I will forever think of you as Becca Chase, so obvioulsy, I LOVE the name! Best of luck as time keeps ticking away. I'm excited for you guys!

Petersen Family said...

Love the name Spencer! I have a cousin with that name so it's never been in consideration when naming our boys! I'll be hoping he's not super big for your sake! And hair...I'm going to guess dark again like Issac! But a cute little redhaired boy would be good too!!

Haylee Mollerup said...

Spencer Chase....good solid name! I like it!! :) I'm guessing red hair for this little one! I can't believe you're almost there!

Erica said...

I love the name, so cute! It's crazy that you are almost done with this pregnancy, it couldn't have been that long already! I'm hoping he's a little smaller than Isaac, I just can't imagine being pregnant with a 10 lb baby. Good luck as he gets closer to being here! I hope all goes well!

sarita said...

I love the name as well and I am glad everything is looking so good.

I'm with Haylee, I think this baby's got red hair like his siser.

Kelly said...

I love the picture of his face. I think the 4D pics are so cool. I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is flying by. (For me anyways.) If you need any help with the kids in the upcoming weeks PLEASE call.

Kevin and Emily said...

So glad that everything looks great with little Spencer. I love the name and congrats on getting a dresser! We are so excited for you guys and to meet your little new guy this summer.

jodie said...

Yay!! Spencer Chase is perfect! I'm so happy to hear that everything looks good so far. He's gonna be here before we know it!