Sunday, February 22, 2009

Peas Please!


Scene: Natali eating lunch...a large quesadilla. Not quiet finished with the quesadilla on her plate the conversation starts.

Natali: I'm still hungry.
Mom: Finish your quesadilla first.

Dad walks into the kitchen and gets a chocolate chip cookie.

Natali: I want a cookie.
Dad: Finish your quesadilla then you can have a cookie.

Mom (giving that look to dad and says): I was going to have her eat peas.
Natali: I want peas!
Dad: You can't have any peas until you finish your cookie.

Natali (5 min. later): Daddy, I finsihed my cookie...I want peas.

Man are we good parents or what?

11 comments:

Kevin and Emily said...

You guys are awesome! What a funny post. I love all of your recent posts- I haven't been on here in a while. Hope you are feeling well. Miss you! Your kiddos are gorgeous.

Chrissy Jo said...

That is an awesome story. You make me laugh. Your kids will love reading these in a couple years. :-)

Mandy said...

All I can say is I love it!!!

Katie Muir said...

That's a great story! How did you get her to eat peas in the first place? Camden just likes cheese and fruit snacks...who's the great parents now? :)

Austin said...

That is stinking awesome!

shauni said...

That cracks me up! I think it's great that she will even eat peas, let alone ask for them as a reward for eating her cookie. That's priceless.

Maginot said...

Hadn't read your blog in a little bit, it was fun to catch up. Love the valentine's card. The story about the peas is hilarious, thank you for sharing the story for all to hear-gotta love kids!

emily said...

this is great. once mason told me he wanted green beans for dessert and i about fell out of my chair. kids are funny.

Starlee said...

You do a great job Becca! Sounds like Natali is a little dietitian in the making :)

Brooke Weekes said...

Hey cuz! I just got into the blog thing and I found some of the fam. How is everything? I heard your having another boy! Aanyway miss you we need to catch up sometime :)

Craig said...

Ben you are awsome! What a great dad.