Friday, September 05, 2008

Preschool Girl

Natali had her first day of Preschool on Tuesday.  We have been counting down to this all summer.  It was our many motivation for potty training.  We drive past her school everyday and everyday she says, "Mommy, is that my school?  I will go to school someday like daddy."  So Tuesday was the big day!  Ben wished her luck, gave kisses, and looked at me and said, "You are going to be a basket case!"  Well...not exactly.  Natali proceeded to dump her bowl of milk and rice kripies on her head. Which meant a quick morning bath (which is NEVER quick), followed by a battle over what clothes to wear (which mentally I had picked out months in advance), and capped of with her refusing to hold still for a "first day of preschool" picture.  NO KODAK MOMENT HERE!  By the time it came to dropping her off I was grining ear to ear and waving goodbye with out a tear shed!  Sorry Ben, no uncontrolable sobbing.  I went home, put Isaac down for a nap...and enjoyed 1 and 1/2 hours of pure QUIET!  I felt very productive in that short time.  When I picked her up she was beaming.  She loved every moment, and I was a proud mom and ready to have my little preschooler back.  What a big kid!  I love my Nattles!




13 comments:

austin and cherisse said...

Ah adorable, Ethan just started preschool on tuesday and he loves it thank goodness! Our kids are growing up so fast I wish I could just freeze time for a couple of years and enjoy my little angels a little bit longer!!!

sarita said...

I love that she made it so easy for you to drop her off without and tears shed! Way to go, Natali!

Haylee Mollerup said...

Very cute Kodak moment pictures! That IS how the first day of preschool morning would turn out huh! Especially when you have "the perfect morning" planned out!

Erica said...

Yeah for preschool!! I love how smoothly your morning went, Natali is such a funny girl! Very cute pictures!

Chrissy Jo said...

Oh sweet Nattles. I'm glad you got your hour and a half of quiet. You totally deserve every minute of it and more!

Petersen Family said...

Can't believe she's so old and that you didn't shed a tear!! I'm looking forward to days of preschool next year and piece and quiet! But I have a few more months before I lose the peace and quiet during Brayden's naps and before I'm back to interrupted sleep!! Glad you got some good quiet time!! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

It's so weird to see everyone sending their kids to school!! They're growing up so fast! (does that mean we're all getting old?)Natali is such a hoot, I love all the descriptions about the morning.

shauni said...

She looks so cute! Preschool is the best, I'm glad she liked it! And I love the first day of school outfit.

Zent Family said...

Preschool? How exciting! I think the breakfast story is classic!

Ashley said...

Okay, but really, she's totally adorable in those pictures. Hair, outfit, poses, everything! I'm glad she made it easy for you to drop her off, I echo Sara, way to go Natali, she's one smart girl!

And bytheway, totally funny about the shape of faces comments, I would've died laughing too!!

sjmiller said...

Oh she is growing up so fast! She is so adorable!

Kevin and Emily said...

She is gorgeous and I am glad it wasn't too hard to drop her off, even if it meant a hard morning for you.(=

Robyn said...

Wait. She just poured the bowl right over her head? Does she do this often?
I love the pic of her on the porch.