For Labor Day weekend we decided to get out of town for a couple days. It was exactly what I needed. A break from doing the basic's (laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc). We drove down Thursday and stayed with some friends, the Wilsons. It's a 5 hour drive from Des Moines and the kids did excellent. We waited till about 1/2 down until we showed Natali that we could watch movies in our CAR! She LOVED it, and lets be honest...so did Mom and Dad. We could actually talk to eachother without someone yelling at us. Isaac was just his precious little self, and as long as he had is binky he was a happy camper. We drove downtown and walked around the arch. It was AWESOME. Our family picture above is taken at the base of one of the sides of the arch. I thought about taking the ride up to the top, but decided that "tossing my cookies" in a small crowded little capsule was not and ideal experience. We saw Bush stadium from the freeway, a really highlight for Ben. We even went to the famous Ted Drew's for frozen custard. Ben thought it was every bit as good as Neilsons in Bountiful (another famous custard spot). We mainly just relaxed and ate a lot of Lion's Choice (a roastbeef sandwich place that makes Arby's look like dog food). It was a great weekend adventure.
The American Gothic House...imagine two old farmers with pitch forks in the front!
If you look in the right corner you might see some spilled yogurt. Ben was helping Natali get the last little bit out of her go-gurt. He apparently squeezed too hard and it spilled all over the ground. (side note...they were sitting away from me at the time so I didn't hear this) But Natali looks at Ben and and then at me and says, "Moommmmmyyy....Ben spilled my YOGURT!" and then turns to Ben and says, "That is very naughyt Ben!"


6 comments:
It looks like you guys had a great weekend! How fun!
Oh, and the DVD player is a lifesaver for us! I used to have it on all the time, but now, it's only for longer trips, and it keeps BOTH kids quiet and occupied! I swear it has to be the greatest invention in the world sometimes!
Thanks so much for coming (not that I really gave you a choice). It just isn't quite the same without you here.
I am so glad you guys got a little vacation in and that you got a break from the every day stuff. I can't wait until we can make a trip down there our selves.
Yeah for a road trip! I am glad your kids were so well behaved and that you guys had such a great time. That is hilarious what Natali said about the spilled yogurt. Tyler started calling Kevin Kevin, instead of Daddy, about two weeks ago. He thinks it is so funny...Kevin doesn't.(=
This is really bad, but I didn't even know that the Wilsons moved to St. Louis! When did they move? What are they doing there?
I love the picture collage you made. How did you do it? I've been wanting to learn how to make those for a while now.
Looks like a really fun trip!
How fun! Hey - thanks for the forwarded email about Jessica!! I laughed so hard - I'm so happy so her!
Post a Comment