Sunday, September 07, 2008

Made me Laugh

(photo is random and has nothing to do with this post)

Today Natali was on a big "shapes" kick.  While using the restroom in church she pointed out all the circles, squares, and rectangles.  So tonight we are wrapping up our family time and getting kids ready for bed.  Natali is sitting on my lap and I am telling her:

Me: You know I love you forever and always right?
Natali:  Yes mommy I know.
Me:  (giving her a big hug) I love my girl!
Natali:  (holding my face in her hands) Mom, your face is an oval.
***thank heavens she said oval and not fat, chubby, etc...kids can be BRUTAL***
Me: What shape is Daddy's face?
Natali:  A  circle.

I know that doesn't sound that funny written down.  But I LOST it.  I couldn't breathe!  It was one of those laughs were you  just CAN'T laugh becuase you are laughing so hard.  I have laughed like that continually throughout the night as I have merely thought about that moment.  Why was it so funny?  Honestly I don't know.  But I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, and it felt really good!  

6 comments:

Petersen Family said...

That's so great that Natali can make you laugh like that! I LOVE all the funny things kids say...they are just so innocent!

sjmiller said...

I left you an award on my blog, go check it out!

Megane said...

That is so cute!
I love the preschool pictures, kids are great!
I think Brent had a harder time thinking about our kids going to school than I did. When you have mornings or days when they pour a bowl a food over their head or don't cooperate....it is sooo nice to wave bye,bye for a couple of hours!!!!

Amanda Wilson said...

That is soooo funny. I love it! Kids really are the best because of their blunt honesty. I loved that you had her outfit picked out months in advance also. I would be the same way. I also loved her adorable preschool pictures. I can't believe how grown up she is. Sooo cute!

Kevin and Emily said...

That is really funny. Kids are a hoot! I love your laugh Becca, and just thinking about you cracking up all night had me laughing out loud at the computer.(=

Briawna said...

I"m so jealous that Natali is potty trained and gets to go to pre-school. We're doing a co-op for Palmer's first year, which, thankfully, he doesn't have to be potty trained to attend. But I am sooo tired of having two in diapers. I don't think I will miss him when he goes to pre-school either. But who knows, I miss my kids when they're sleeping but maybe that's because I forget that they're terrors when awake. I can't believe how big our little babies are getting. I remember when they were first born!