Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Grandma Gerry in Iowa

My mom was able to come out the week before Ben took boards. We had SO much fun. No matter what we do I always have a blast with my mom. Whether it is organizing kids clothes, finishing sewing projects, eating McDonald's breakfast, or going on mini road trips. I loved having my mom and the kids LOVED having Grandma. We crammed as much as we possibly could in the 5 days she was here. We discovered a place called The Machine Shed and I am pretty sure it will be come a staple in places we go when family is visiting. It is always sad to say goodbye and it never helps when your 3 yr. old starts crying in the backseat saying, "no...don't take Grandma to the planes...Grandma...come back to my house and play with me!" Oh how the tears flowed!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

OK, so you are the 10th person to recommend the Machine Shed. I think it is about time to try it out. Glad you could have fun with your mom.

shauni said...

We love the Machine Shed, we have taken Colby's parents and my dad there- I love their Coleslaw! We should go their sometime.

Heitmann Family said...

we love the machine shed, it is so tasty!! The front of your house is adorable with the porch, when did Gerry add that or did you guys do it?!

austin and cherisse said...

O that is so sad :( Dont be so mean becca and move your little girl by grandmas house!!! Gosh : ) How fun though looks like your mom had a great time.

Robyn said...

Oh, it just broke my heart to read that Natali was crying for grandma. It is so hard!!
We have yet to try out the Machine Shed.