Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Roadtrip

While mom was here we also went on a mini road trip down to Madison County to see the covered bridges and the birthplace of John Wayne. We found several of the bridges and made it into Winterset to see the house of John Wayne. We even found this tower which was tucked away in a grove of trees. When we drove up to it Natali shouted with an audible gasp..."oh my goodness...it's a princess castle." She could have stayed there for hours. It was great driving down these old dirt roads and through farm fields to find the bridges. My mom loved. Quite the different scene and pace of life from busy San Diego. It was only about a 40 minute drive from our house so it was perfect with the kids. They did great.








6 comments:

Amanda Wilson said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Moms are the best. Your kids are as always, adorable.

The Cairns Family said...

Your kids are such cuties!!! It looks like you live in a very cool place, I love the castle, what is it?

Kevin and Emily said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your Mom. These are beautiful pictures- what a beautiful place to live. That breaks my heart how Natalie cried when your Mom left. Grandmas are the best.

Erica said...

How fun that your mom came to visit! I am glad that you enjoyed the bridges. Brynlee was just as excited about the castle when we went to see it.

bstoutfamily said...

So cute!! I bet it was so fun having your mom come out to visit! I always love it when my mom comes out!! Your kids are getting so big! They are adorable!!

The Lindsays said...

Love the tower...I can't imagine how exciting that must have been for Natali. It's always so much fun to find new places....especially with family?!