Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rite of Passage

This weekend we attended the Rite of Passage ceremony at Ben's school. It happens towards the end of your 2nd year and marks the end of your lecture oriented studies and the beginning of your clinic oriented studies. It feels SO good to have two years under our belts. In May Ben will start in the clinic and get some hands on experience (he can't wait but at the same time is very nervous). It was fun to get out of the house with out the kids, thanks Wilsons! Here are a few pictures, courtesy of other peoples cameras.

Us and friends!

The Guys
Left to Right: Bryce, Phil, Jason, Colby, Ben


Class of 2010 DPM's

11 comments:

Debbi said...

Congratulations guys! I should have told you when I saw you to run upstairs after the ceremony because they took the same picture last year! I hope someone got the shot for you hope you had a great "date night" on the back wall!

sjmiller said...

Congratulations!

I love that I know two of the wives that are in the same class! What a small world!

musson said...

Yeah!!! Half way done!!
I didn't know the DPM's start so soon on their rotations. I bet that will be a lot more fun and rewarding than their boring book work.
CONGRATULATIONS DPMS!!!

PS- DO YOU KNOW WHEN LOST IS COMING BACK!?

Kevin and Emily said...

Congrats to Ben and the whole Fluhman family. You are well on your way and we are excited for you all!

Laura said...

Congratulations! What a fun night. Only two more years left, right? Becca, what a cute little skirt you're wearing and I love your hair. =)

To answer your question about the treadmill--I could never run very far on a treadmill either. I stare at the clock the whole time and get discouraged. The only way I've been able to run longer distances is being outside with a great running partner who keeps me distracted the entire time with talking. Its even hard for me to run with Craig because he doesn't talk as much as my girlfriend.

jodie said...

Yay! What a fun celebration! You guys all look so cute and happy. :) Congrats on making it through two years!

Julianne said...

Yahoooo!! Way to go, doc!! I don't know what DPM stands for, but it sounds very serious. Congrats!

Heitmann Family said...

Two down, two to go. It is so nice to feel like you are getting somewhere huh? Congrats on the "passage" Ben!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! Congrats Ben!! I didn't know that both our husbands are in the their 2nd year of "medical related" school! I don't exactly know what DPM sounds for, but it SOUNDS medical! Right on!!!

austin and cherisse said...

wow congrats...does that mean that you get to come to san diego to come visit!!!!!

Craig said...

Congrats! That is awesome you are doing so well.