Saturday, April 26, 2008

Park, Friends, & B-day

The weather has finally been somewhat decent around here lately. We have made it to the park several times in the last week. We have blown many bubbles and used much sidewalk chalk. Here is shot of sweet Isaac just loving being outside in his stroller. Look at that face...life is good!

We had some friends from Iowa City come into town and we were able to visit with them a little. They have a little boy that is 10days younger than Natali. Natali loved playing with him, more like bossing him around! He was a good sport. How cute is this photo...look at those faces!
This past week was also my birthday week. Yes that's right. In our house it's not a birthDAY but a birthWEEK. It was awesome. Anyway...I felt totally spoiled. Ben and I were able to get out to lunch by ourselves thanks to some great babysitters (thanks!) I had McDonald's breakfast (my fav. ) and spent the day as a family and with friends. I did get some beautiful flowers. I LOVE LOVE LOVE flowers. (I hate buying them because I know they won't last), but when I have them they just make life seem wonderful. I even tired to have a green thumb, we bought some planters and flowers and hung them on our porch. There is something so fulfilling about getting your hands in the soil and planting! LOVE IT!!!

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy belated birthday. I love the idea about a birthweek. I think we need to change that at our house too. I love your flowers and know exactly how you feel about them. I'm so excited about buying some planters for the front porch. I've been planning on getting some this week. Even the idea of it cheers me up.

Petersen Family said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday...when I called and you said that the Lowmans were coming into town, I almost cried! How I wish we all lived close again! But I am determined to come out and visit everyone sometime sooner than later!! Happy Birthday again! Love ya!

Haylee Mollerup said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! The flowers are beautiful and they do just brighten a room! Where is a picture of the birthday girl blowing out her candles??

That is the cutest picture of Isaac!

The Lindsays said...

Happy birthWEEK! Sounds like it was a good one...it's always better with a little sunshine and some flowers!

sjmiller said...

I'm so glad you had a happy birthday! And, a happy birthday week! I love birthday weeks!

Remember when I decorated my car for your birthday your freshman year of high school? Ahhh, memories.

What cute little faces your kids have!!

jodie said...

I agree...we need to see a picture of the birthday girl! Don't you have a pic of you wearing a birthweek tiara or something? Anyhoo I'm so happy you had a fun celebration filled with McD's, flowers, and the best LOST episode ever!!

Kevin and Emily said...

Happy belated birthday Becca! Glad you had a fun week. I third the request for a pic of the birthday girl. Your kids are so adorable. Love the pics!

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

Happy Birthday Girl!
Amanda

The Robinson Bunch said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!....wow what a fantastic Idea "a birth week!" I think I should try that out. beautiful flowers and such cute pictures!.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bec!! How awesome you get to have a birthday week!!!! I might have to drop some hints to Ben...(my Ben, of course)

Julianne said...

I hope you got my email on your b-day... at like, 10pm! It sounds like you had a great day, and I'm glad that you were spoiled! Natali is SO cute. When are WE going to come visit the Fluhmans? I want Anna/Natali pics!

Anonymous said...

I miss bringing you McDonalds Diet Cokes. That just made my day.

jeremyandholly said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA DEAR!! i'm so happy you had a wonderful birthday. beautiful flowers! (thats a pretty sweet face on natali)
p.s. i LOVE bacon, egg, and cheese mc griddles SOOO much :)