Monday, August 13, 2007

Isaac Update

Isaac is home! He was discharged from the NICU on Friday morning, and we have loved every minute of having him here with us. He is eating and sleeping well, and big sister is just enthralled in his every move. It is hard finding a balance of letting Natali feel involved while at the same time protecting Isaac. Ben and I keep telling ourselves that there are tons of kids out there who survived having older siblings, hopefully Isaac will be one of them! At the hospital they had him on a awesome schedule of eating every 4 hours. It was heaven. That stopped the moment we got home. Now he is back to eating about every 3 hours. I am feeling fine. My mom is here and that makes all the difference in the world. She is taking care of Natali and making sure that I am resting and napping as much as possible. I am already dreading the thought of her leaving. Thanks for all the calls, emails, thoughts, and prayers. We feel so lucky to have our little boy healthy and at home with us. The nurses kept telling us it was just amazing how quickly he was recovering and that his progress was so fast. We are blessed.

No comments: