Tuesday, January 31, 2012

5k

I did it!  I ran my first (and maybe last) 5k.  It was great feeling.  I felt great running it until we got the very end...which was UP HILL.  Thankfully I could see the finish line so it gave me some good motivation to finish strong.  I had 2 goals heading into the race 1) RUN the whole thing...no walking 2) Finish under 40 minutes (not too hard...I know).  I am happy to say I accomplished both.  YAY!  Never thought I'd run a 5k!


6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That is really an incredible accomplishment! I HOPE YOU STILL FEEL PROUD!

Zent Family said...

HOW AWESOME!!! Way to go!!!!

Chrissy Jo said...

WAY TO GO, BECCA! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!

Briawna said...

watch out! they're addicting!! Are you guys still in texas? drive up here to Arkansas and run the "race for a cure" with our LDS team. we're the "sole sisters". I've been suckered into the 10k. I might die. It's an awesome feeling to finish those races, huh?! love the hat, too. :-)

Janene said...

Way to go Becca! That's awesome, and I hope you do more! :)

Seth and Nicole said...

Congratulations! That is awesome.