Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patty's Day

For St. Patricks Day I decided that instead of doing the "traditional" corn beef and cabbage (which no one in my family would eat anyway) to make dinner simple, yet fun!  Lucky Charms with a fruit rainbow.  It was a hit.  The kids thought it was so fun to "eat" the rainbow.  I rarely buy fun cereal so having Lucky Charms was a BIG treat.  Spencer perfected the art of eating only the marshmellows and leaving just the cereal part in his bowl.

This little boy couldn't wait to eat his special dinner.

During the day we had some fun doing some St. Patrick's Day festivites.  We colored in rainbows then sorted more cereal onto the rainbow.  Spencer did all eating and no sorting, that's okay, he's cute.


We had a fun day and enjoyed hanging out as a family during more of our Spring Break.
Happy St. Patrick's Day

4 comments:

Crystal said...

what a great idea! :) Your kids are so big! I can hardly believe it! Such an adorable family you have.

Zent Family said...

A love your rainbows...going to have to remember those for next year!!

Janene said...

Seriously Becca, you're so creative! Why can't I ever think of any fun traditions to do with my family for holidays? :) I've got to get on this or my kids won't have any memories of growing up! ;)

Rachel Holloway said...

We did the Lucky Charm thing--but hadn't thought of the rainbow! LOVE that idea!!!