Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Shoes

Left the house to run Natali to school and then head out on my morning run walk. Looked down and noticed this. Really Rebecca!




I remember (back in the day) when Ben & I were engaged and a member of the bishopric of the ward we were both in said to Ben, "You better put on your running shoes if your going to keep up with her."  I'll admit, I was flattered. And there have been moments (key word being MOMENTS) in my life where I have felt on top of things, organized, and overall put together.  


RIght now is NOT one of them.  Most days are good attempts.  The big stuff happens, kids are fed, clothed, hugged & kissed, taken to school, etc.  But it's the little things that, well, sometimes just don't quite make it.  But that's okay, because either way, we are making it.  And I feel good about that!! 

11 comments:

Mandy said...

Becca you ROCK! Not only is the big stuff getting done, you still have time to rock the fashion world! I am lucky some days to get out of my pj's, let alone go for a walk! Miss your guts!!!

sarita said...

This post just made my day! I miss you so much!

And I second what Mandy said, you ROCK!

JenSwen said...

I love this post! Is it weird that when I saw the picture I was just impressed that you own two cute pairs of running shoes?

Briawna said...

that's hilarious. I've done that...to church. Some day I'll get everything together and get somewhere with all parts intact, diaper bag actually packed correctly, with the correct gear for the correct sport and snacks and drinks. Until then, we survive.

Kelly said...

Ha, ha, ha! One thing I love about you as tha you have no shame. I love that you posted this. I needed a good laugh today! FYI, I think it is time for a road trip. Miss you.

Ben said...

I can see your bunions poking through the sides of your shoes...

That's Ms. Amy to You... said...

At least you made it out the door with shoes on! If we didn't walk to school I think I would end up wearing my slippers more often than not.

Heather said...

That is so great!!! I could totally see myself
doing that.

Zent Family said...

I could not for the life of me figure out what was wrong, Nick had to point out you had on two different shoes. What does that say about me? You are being too hard on yourself!!! I bet you are doing so much more then just surviving...

Julianne said...

You validate me.

I usually drive Anna to school wearing steve's flip-flops.

Amanda Wilson said...

I love it!! You are so awesome!