As of late we can not seem to consume our bananas fast enought. They seem to turn brown so fast. And I for one HATE eating a brown bananana. For the record I prefer mine when they are still a hint on the green side but mainly a sunny yellow. Still a little firm, and not too sweet. In order to "want not waste not" we have been making batches of Banana Muffins regularly around here. I don't think you will hear anyone complaining. Thought I would share. I know I am always looking for somthing new to try, especially when it is fast, easy, and my family loves it! (recipe from Aimee Heitmann)
Banana Muffins (with Chocolate Chips)
1 1/2 c sugar
1 c. mashed bananas (4 big ones)
4 T. milk
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c flour
2 eggs
1/2 a bag of chocolate chips (or the whole bag depending on how you are feeling!!!) (I like using the mini-chocolate chips...less messy for the kids)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs beaten, bananas and milk. Mix well. Sift flour, soda, and salt together. Add to other mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips. Put in prepared muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven. this make about 12-15 large muffins. Enjoy!!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Banana Muffins
1/2 c. shortening
**I like using a mini muffin tin. They just look cute mini. Bake temp and time remain the same. Check at 15 minutes.
They look a little brownish, not because they are burnt, because I used some wheat flour. My kids love helping me makes these almost as much as they love eating them. Perftect after school treat, or for a quick on the go breakfast! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
great idea. i'm sick of banana bread but our bananas go bad so fast here in Arkansas. I think it's the humidity. I'm definitely doing muffins next time...as in, tomorrow.
Try freezing them & adding to smoothies. They make any smoothie really creamy. PS - love the Diet Coke can in the photo!
Hi! I remember you!! First, those muffins look delish! I must try them next time I have some bananas.
Thanks for your uplifting comment. I find a lot of solace in blogging so thanks for helping me feel better. Especially about the red hair!!!
Banana Chocolate chip muffins are our favorite and to make them that much more sweet I sprinkle powdered sugar on top~~
I'm loving that DC in the background! My addiction has peaked...
Post a Comment