Thursday, June 17, 2010

SALT LICK

So despite the fact that I still find myself day dreaming about Iowa, Texas has some nice perks.  We LOVE our house, the idea of a "warm" winter, and so far the BBQ!  Seriously, I have never had BBQ like this.  We tried out Rudy's (divine) and then SALT LICK.  It was so good.  The one we went to was in Round Rock.  It was the BEST bbq I have ever had.  The kids loved it, Ben loved it, I loved it!  5 stars from the Fluhmans.



open smoking pit in the restaurant...it was AWESOME!

3 comments:

Chrissy Jo said...

Nick says it sounds YUMMY! I've never been a bbq fan so I'll take your word for it. What can I say? I was raised by a closet vegetarian! Sounds like a blast though!

Ashley said...

So glad you're loving your new place and all the BBQ! Who knew you were so close in Round Rock? We are like 10 minutes from Salt Lick. Logan LOVES and I do mean LOVE Rudy's. We went to Saltlick for his Birthday and Rudy's was still his #1. I'm like Chrissy - not the hugest fan of BBQ but any night of me not cooking is a good night!

When does Ben start residency?

The Cairns Family said...

Salt Lick is the best!!!! It has been a few years since I had it but I still crave it. I love BBQ and there is nothing that is even comparable up here, you would think since everyone is so excited about Alberta Beef that they would do some killer BBQ but no it is all steakhouses... I am very jealous!!!