Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday

Today my sweet Natali turned 5!  We had a fun filled day.  It started waking up bright and early and enjoying some brotherly love! (These two monkeys are currently sharing a room)


Natali requested pancakes for breakfast.  I happy obliged.  After, she was EXTREMELY patient as we waited to open presents until Dad finished some needed shopping & mowing the lawn.


After making her wait long enough, we finally let her open her gifts.  She got some fun new stuff, but her big gift was a bike!  To be honest I think she is a little scared of the idea.  Hopefully she will warm  up with a little practice.


(new princess helmet)

(dress up skirt from Grandma Gerry)

After naps/quiet time we headed out for a family outing.  We went up to Waco to the mall where Natali got to experience "Build-A-Bear".  She loved every minute.  Sorry no picture of "Miley the Bunny."  After that we headed to Rudys.   A BBQ must we had been told.  It was AMAZING!!!  After all the hype I was worried I would be disappointed, boy was I wrong.



Spencer waiting patiently for the food.  I think he ate more meat than both Natali & Isaac combined.



After dinner we headed back home for cake & ice cream with friends.  The kids ran through the sprinklers to keep cool while we all enjoyed "not unpacking boxes" for an hour or so.


When I asked Natali what kind of cake she wanted her response was: "A chocolate cake, with chocolate frosting, and a rainbow on it."  That's what she got.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!  
(All day long she kept saying, "This is the best day EVER!")

5 comments:

Briawna said...

Ronell will be very jealous that you got to go to Rudy's. He orders their BBQ sauce and rub from their online store. One great thing about Arkansas is that we're only four hours from Texas BBQ. :-) Palmer got a bike, too. He varies between being ecstatic about it and absolute disinterest. Happy 5th, Natali! I still remember our fun adventures in the mother's lounge, trying to find a place to nurse and chatting instead of going to Sunday School. Good times!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Natali!! Sounds like she was totally spoiled on her birthday as you should be. Way to go Momma Fluhman her cake is adorable! I still haven't had the heart to tell Travis that you ate at Rudy's he will be so jealous!

Petersen Family said...

Happy Birthday to Natali! Can't believe she's FIVE already! WOW! Seems like yesterday we were playing games into the early hours of the night while you were pregnant with her! Cute cake and sounds like it was the perfect birthday for your little princess! Miss you guys!

Erica said...

Happy birthday to Natali! Sounds like a fun birthday! Hard to believe our 2 girls were both just over 1 when we started the med school adventure and now they are 5!!! Hope you are enjoying Texas!! Cute, cute cake!!

Ted and Hilery said...

Happy Birthday Natali! We have been planning to take Nora to Build a Bear for her 5th birthday since last year. Was it fun for Natali?
I am completely jealous of your Texas BBQ experience!
We miss your family!