Saturday, December 12, 2009

Concert

Friday night was a great night! I had the chance to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert with my mother in-law and a few of my sister in-laws. This year Natalie Cole performed with them. It really brought in the Christmas spirit. My favorite part was the children's choir. They sounded truly angelic!


We left kids with husbands and started the night with dinner at Cafe Rio (please come to Des Moines). We then made our way into the heart of Salt Lake and enjoyed the lights of Temple Square. The concert was beautiful. The costumes, decorations, performers, and our seats were amazing. Afterwards instead of fighting traffic we made our way to the Lion House and picked up some rolls & a pie...oh Lion House rolls how I love you!!!

It was so nice to come home and already have the kids a sleep in bed. Ben was such a great sport. (doesn't hurt that he gets to go the bowl game in a week and half) It's been a long time since I have been able to go to something like this. It was so refreshing and uplifting.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! All that Christmas in Utah stuff looks like soooo much fun!

kdance said...

Hey, we went to that on Saturday! Too bad it wasn't Friday. Maybe I could have run into you (among the 20,000 other people). Miss you, girl!

Maginot said...

what a perfect night! Ben's going to the bowl game... jealous of him. does ben have the whole month off?

shauni said...

There you go again making me homesick! I'm so happy that you are having such a great time in Utah and that you are finally TOGETHER! You guys deserve it after this Summer. WE miss you here, when are you coming back?

Katie Muir said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!