Wednesday, August 12, 2009

BYU Adventure

GO COUGARS!

A mess of Grandkids out side of the MOA on campus

Eating a picnic lunch in the shade by the Bean Museum

Tuesday morning we all meet bright and early at 9:15 am to start our adventure. The plan was to go down to Thanksgiving Point and explore the Dinosaur Museum. Apparently everybody in Utah thought the same thing because 1. the cars were backed up for about 20min's to get off at the exit & 2. the line to get inside wrapped around the outside of the museum. I thought to myself...we just drove all this way there has to be something else we can do. So I came up with plan B (which was just as good if not better than plan A if you ask me). Instead we went to the Bean Museum at BYU. The kids loved it. Then we had a picnic lunch topped off with ice cream from the Cougarette (sp?). Uncle Spence meet us which was fun, and then we went into the bookstore to get the 2009 BYU football t-shirts. Won't Ben be surprised :) Plus we ran into some unexpected friends on campus, what a treat! We ended our adventure with more Fluhman cousins in Cedar Hills. I tried to drive around and be sentimental with Natali...here's where Mom & Dad meet, here's where you were born, Mom taught school here, the 7-11, etc....but she was less than interested. We had such a fun day. Next time we go to BYU maybe it will be for a football game when we are back in the fall.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hmmmm maybe I should have you pick up a couple t-shirts for my boys. It would be so worth it just to see Jacob's facial expression when he walks in the door and see both boys dressed in BYU t-shirts. (He is very much a Ute.) I on the other hand was born and raised on BYU football!!!

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Kelly, anything to upset a UTE!

emily said...

Oh, just missed you! I've been on campus every day, except this Tuesday (it was our reading day before finals). And FYI on Thanksgiving Point (maybe you already know), every Tuesday they do $2 for admission - the best deal is of course the museum so it's always crazy. I planned to go once with friends from my neighborhood, we opted for a plan B as well.

Erica said...

We tried to go to Thanksgiving point on Tuesday too, and of course made plan B and went to Ikea instead! I couldn't believe the line! Glad you guys had fun anyway!