Saturday, January 03, 2009

2008 Skating Party

Every year there is an annual Hayes family skating party. Grandma & Grandpa rent out a skating rink for the 100+ aunts, uncles, grandkids, and great grandkids. There's plenty of food, door prizes, skating, and inflatable toys to be enjoyed. Not to mention walking around and socializing with people who you have no idea who they are. Ben honestly can not even come close to naming all his cousins, he finally has mastered his aunts and uncles! The kids had a blast and I look forward to it every year we are out there.

Do you think he is having fun yet?

Everyone lining up on the rink to do "The Hokey Poky" (it's quite the sight to see)

Ben and Isaac joined in from the side lines. It was a little intense for Isaac.This year we had a surprise visitor join us! Man, Santa can do one mean Hokey Poky.

Natali and Grace taking FULL advantage of the inflatable slides.
Confession: I started crying during the hokey poky. No it wasn't my sciatic nerve acting up. But as I stood there on the rink looking at all these people (95% of whom I don't even know their names and am related to by marriage) I just got a little choked up. It was amazing to know that all of these people were family and connected just because of two people. It was just one of those moments. I totally blame it on these dang pregnancy hormones, and felt pretty lame trying to hold back the flood gates during the Hokey Poky! For the LOVE!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love your last paragraph. Too true! Isn't it crazy what can make your cry when you're pregnant? That was one of the first things that clued me in to being pregnant...I was crying over several stories in the Readers' Digest--not just crying, more like sobbing. Dang hormones! =)

Looks like you had a great time in Utah!

Mandy said...

Becca I think you are a hoot! I love the fact that I am not the only one who catches myself sobbing over what seems to be silly situations! Looks like your family had a fun time over the holidays!