Somehow last night I found myself at Barnes & Noble with about 100 other girls waiting for the release of Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. When I say other girls let me just paint you a picture! Ages: 12-15 and dressed up in PROM dresses! Yes as you entered the store there was a sign saying: Welcome to Prom. It was...interesting. How did I get there at 10:30 pm you ask? Well, I saw Mama Mia last night with some friends. I loved loved loved the movie, pretty similar to the Broadway version, but seriously how can you beat ABBA!!! I was honestly restraining myself from bursting out in song and getting up and dancing. I'm sure the other girls are greatful I didn't as well. Anyway, after the movie someone suggested stopping by the bookstore and seeing what it was like. Well , after popping our heads in and feeling TOTALLY out of place we entered a trivia contest and I won! My prize was a Godiva Chocolate Bar with something like "Bite Me" on it (in honor of the book) and I got a ticket to be first in line. So of course we had to stay. Now I am proud to say that I bought the first copy of Breaking Dawn from the West Des Moines Barnes & Noble! I haven't started reading it yet, but I can hardly wait. All I know is there better be some resolution at the end...and it BETTER envolve Edward! (we did take pictures to document the event..I think honestly more as blackmail for eachother so pictures will be posted later)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh oh oh!! I can't wait to see pictures! But more importantly I can't wait to get my hands on the book!! I couldn't get anyone to go with me last night so I'll be heading out pretty soon to pick up my copy! Go Team Edward!! :)
What a fun time Becca! I FINALLY starting reading the Twilight series last week. (I know, I was trying to resist for so long that I am behind the times.) I read the first two books in three days. I just started the third book last night and am halfway through. I AM HOOKED! I can't wait to see your blackmail pictures.(= Miss you!
That is awesome, you were first to buy that book. I have to admitt I have been wondering when it was coming out, but didn't really know. I am excited to read it and see what happens. Sounds like you had a great time!
How could you have missed the prom party? There was nothing quite like it, and it made it even better that you won the trivia! I had a blast on our G.N.O. we'll have to do it more often.
Becca, that is awesome! How fun that you got to have a girls night out! I totall want to see Mama Mia. :-) I too went to Barnes and Nobles here in Orem last night so my 14 year old cousin could get the book. We had a blast walking up and down the lines blatently people watching... hilarious! So cool you got the first book! I hope to read it before I get back to Iowa... but we'll see.
Oh am I jealous!!!
Everyone here in our ward was buzzing about it today and I was so mad that I don't have this book yet! AHH!! It's really killing me inside...
You're going to have to tell me how it is... OR maybe after I read the book I'll email you and we can vent or excitedly express opinions!! So ENJOY YOUR BOOK!
I am soooooo jealous. I wish I could have been there. You are so lucky.
Post a Comment