Friday, May 30, 2008

6 ear infections...and what do you get?

TUBES! Yes Isaac finally will get tubes for his ears. For some reason the fluid builds up in his ears, never drains, gets infected, antibiotics kill the infection, but the fluid never goes away. Thus, we continue to multiple infections, both ears, ALL THE TIME! So needless to say I am kind of excited for his littler surgery on Tuesday. Maybe he will actually be able to sleep at night (please keep all fingers crossed)! And maybe he won't be in constant pain, although he is a pretty happy baby. Here's to hoping the surgery goes 100% perfect and that this works. The really fun part will be the night before his surgery. He can't eat after midnight, and as of right of the last two days he has woken up twice a night to eat! It will be one LONG night!

Getting ready for a walk!

Natali dressed in boy clothes (she had barfed earlier that day at a friends house...sorry about that again) and as usually dressed in one of her princess outfits. The hat totally goes don't you think? Hopefully she will gain a little more fashion sense as she gets older :) But for now I think the smile says it all! Life is good!

11 comments:

The Lindsays said...

Good luck with the fasting thing until surgery?! We had to do that with Madi when she was 2 MONTHS OLD! It was a nightmare, but she and we survived, so I'm positive you will too! I'm sure everything will improve once the tubes are in, too. My nephew is a happy kid too, but the tubes made a WORLD of difference for him. He's sleeping through the night and even HAPPIER?! GOOD LUCK!

Also, I love Natali's outfit...her smile makes the greatest accesory!

shauni said...

Good luck with Isaac's surgery. Ammon had tubes put in when he was three and a half and I wished we would have done it sooner- he hasn't had an ear infection since. Hopefully the tubes will help Isaac, sick kids are no fun!

Kevin and Emily said...

Yeah for tubes! We will be praying for it all to go smoothly. I love Natali's fun personality and awesome fashion sense. What a cute family!

sjmiller said...

Good luck with the surgery and the tubes. I'm crossing my fingers for you that the little guy won't be sick anymore.

And, I love your daughters fashion sense!! Haha!

sarita said...

We'll be praying for little Isaac next week! Here's to sleeping through the night from now on!

jodie said...

Natali's a little fashionista! Look at her go!

Good luck with Isaac's surgery on Tuesday. Call me if you need anything and I WILL answer!

Haylee Mollerup said...

Cute pictures!! It's about making me burst into tears checking blogs today!! As you know, I don't have the internet at the Mollerup's so I'm here at my mom's and it's so fun to "see" everyone.........

Good luck with the tubes on Tuesday. I'm sure I'll talk to you before then. We still need to talk about LOST too!!!

Jamie Petersen Photography said...

If I survived it 20+ years ago, I'm sure little Isaac will do great! The tubes made a huge difference for me, one that I'm sure my parents were VERY thankful for! We'll be thinking of you guys and hoping all goes well! Miss you!

Ashley said...

Keep us posted on how everything goes! (I'm sure everything will go awesome!)

Yesterday Logan saw this goldish looking Honda Pilot in the parking lot, which looked "pimp". =). I didn't get a look at it, but sure wish I could see a pic soon.......haha!j/k.

Matt and Erin said...

Cute, cute pics! You're kids have got to be the most adorable things in the world. Hope the surgery goes/has gone well.

Briawna said...

the only great thing about that surgery is that it's like 15 minutes.We'll be praying for you all!