Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice...Party...Rice

As a child I always thought ice skating was so cool! I even had a ice skating birthday party one year. Right now...I feel like I am living my childhood dream and living on a ice rink! Just kidding, not a dream at all...more like a NIGHTMARE! It seems like we have had ice storm after ice storm and that everywhere and everything is coated in a nice layer of ice. Thanks Midwest!!!

Back in my teacher days every December I would throw a Polar Express Party for my class. So this year I decided that Natali was old enough to get it and we had our own mini version. We had tickets to ride the train, we read the story, decorated cake trains, and even watched the movie...all while wearing our PJ's! Fun stuff. She loved it and still is asking me when we are having our Polar Express Party and I am trying to explain...that was the party!

Isaac has been given the okay for rice cereal. He has actually done really good with it. Most of it comes running out to corners of his mouth because he keeps grinning at me, but he seems to get some down as well. I love hitting these little milestones but I hate it too because it means he is getting bigger. Isaac...don't grow up!

6 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Oh, I don't miss the ice storms, hang in there spring is only 5 months away!! And what a cool mom are you to have a polar express party. Ayden and Meysa would love it, I might have to steal your idea!! Where did you print off the tickets, or did you just make them up? And Isaac, honestly could you get any cuter? I don't think so!!

jodie said...

A Polar Express party...what a wonderful idea! I want to see pictures of your train cake. How fun.

And yay for Isaac! He's SUCH a cutie!

Debbi said...

You are such a creative mom! I love the polar express idea! I can't believe that Isaac is big enough for cereal - he is getting so old! oh- and how did you make the train cake, I might have to call you when Gage turns 4 in March!

jeremyandholly said...

a POLAR EXPRESS PARTY?? REALLY?what a fantastic mother you are:) that sounds so fun! jane would LOVE that.we just might be having one of VERY own:) call me when you come to town!!

The Lindsays said...

I love that you did your own Polar Express Party...you are the mom I always want to be?! Your kids are lucky!

kdance said...

Boo to the dang ice storms out here! But yay for your adorable little boy. I just kept looking at him the other day, on your husband's lap, thinking he was the most adorable little guy. I can't get over those cute cheeks!