Friday, October 05, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We made our move into our "new" house in Valley Junction! It is small, but perfect for our needs. We have a downstairs room which is great for all of Natali's toys, Ben's books, and our office stuff. We are still settling in and finding the perfect spots for all our things, but all the boxes are unpacked, pictures hung, and it's starting to feel like home. Ben mowed the lawn yesterday...yes, we have a lawn! He was sooo excited! I hope that enthusiasm lasts. It is a great feeling to not be sharing any walls with a neighbor, or worrying if Natali is too loud. The only thing I think I want to change is the color of the shutters. The gray isn't horrible, but it would look better with a color that is more bold. We'll see if I feel ambitious enough anytime soon. After 4 years of marriage and two kids later, it is fun to say that we are finally in a house (even if we are still renters)!

10 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

Oh, I am shedding a tear as I write this. That house has a lot of memories for our family. Our best friends lived in it, and it was a second home for our kids. It was awesome to live just behind them. Good for you, you will LOVE Valley Junction and the neighborhood is quiet too. Remember to say hello to our old house once in a while for us ok. I am really happy for you guys. Watch out for garder snakes in the summer, they love to be under the deck!!

Petersen Family said...

So cute! You are farther ahead in the moving process than we are! We still have boxes and nothing hung on the walls but we'll get there one day soon hopefully! Now I want to see some pictures of the inside! And that wreath! Where did you get such a cute thing!?!? :)

Robyn said...

Congratulations! What a cute house!

Anonymous said...

YAY for a cute house!!! I'm excited for you.....sad for me! :) VJS!! JUST KIDDING!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Dan and Amanda Arrhenius said...

Oh ,it is just darling. I must say that I am so freaking jealous! Wow, what it must be like to not live in an apartment? I would not know. Haha! I am so excited for you guys, smart move!
HAve a great weekend!
Amanda

Debbi said...

I am so jealous of your house! I'm at 7 1/2 years and 2 kids and still am not renting one! Maybe someday! I think a bold color would be fun- I love red or green!

kdance said...

Here is another jealous comment to add to this post. I wish I had a blasted house! You are so lucky. I'm dying to see it.
Karin :)

shauni said...

Cute house! It is so quaint, it reminds me of something that would be on Leave it to Beaver (that's a good thing- it's very homey!) Good luck getting settled in, we'll have to get together sometime soon.

sjmiller said...

What a cute little house!!

Congratulations on the move, and the new house! (It's OK if you are still renters, it still feels like a place of your own!)

Julianne said...

YEAH!! How exciting! I love your house! It's darling - and for what it's worth, I like the gray shutters. I'm SO excited for you to have a playroom - they are the best! I think I spend more time in Anna's then I do in any other room in the house. Congrats!